Here at Achieve Events (UK) Limited (trading as GO2 Events), a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 08371074 and whose registered office is at The Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London, W2 6NB ("Achieve Events", "we" or "us"), we take your privacy seriously. We're committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you give us. We will comply with the UK's Data Protection Act 1998 and related UK legislation. We are registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner in the UK.
We have a philosophy here about the way we use your consent to be contacted (if you give us that consent). If you hear from us, we will always aim to be respectful, relevant and appropriate. If at any time you don't feel we've lived up to our philosophy, please let us know straight away by getting in touch with us.
This policy may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will always be available on the Site. Please note that by continuing to use the Site you are agreeing to any updated versions.
What information will we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an event (as a participant or a spectator), enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, medical information, sex, age, email address and the country in which you are based.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we or the Achieve Events group operate. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, analytics providers and photo, video and timing partners) and may receive information about you from them.
Will we use your information for marketing?
We may display offers, promotions, products or services on the Site which we think will interest you based upon the information we collect from your cookies. We may also advertise other Achieve Events events similar to those you’ve attended or expressed an interest in. We may also send you marketing information or other email communication based on your use of the Site if you’ve consented to us doing so. You may opt out of marketing communications at any time via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant email.
How else will we use your information?
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- To help provide services to you
- To enable you to participate in events
- To carry out surveys occasionally and to analyse our user base — ultimately we want to ensure that the Site provides everything that you — our audience — is looking for
- To check whether you are eligible for a competition and to contact you if you win
- To comply with the law
- As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
And we won't keep hold of your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
Our default position is to only share your information anonymously or only if:
- We are required to do so to comply with the law or with the directions of the courts or other authorities
- We feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
- Products and services of other members of the Achieve Events group may interest you
- It helps our trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences. We require these service providers to keep your personal information safe and secure. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
We may also share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties (including sponsors and charity partners) and other members of the Achieve Events group - but we'll keep it anonymous, so you won't be identifiable from that data.
How will we make sure our Site is secure?
We take security extremely seriously but as no system is 100% secure, we can't completely guarantee the protection of your personal information, any more than any other organisation can. So we can't accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal information which you've registered on the Site if there is a security breach.
Will we be transferring any personal information outside the EEA?
What about personal information relating to minors?
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important. If you are under the age of 17 years old you are not eligible to enter so please do not provide us with your name, contact details or any other information about yourself. To find out more, please read our Terms and Conditions.
Are you protected by this policy outside www.northlondonhalf.com?
Our Site contains links to other websites. Obviously, we don't have any control over them and take no responsibility for any information you give them. Other sites have different privacy and security policies, which we advise you to read.
How you can access your information
You can request, at any time, access to the personal information we hold about you. You can write to us at the following address requesting access to your personal information.
Achieve Events (UK) Limited
The Battleship Building
179 Harrow Road
London W2 6NB
You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared. (We may charge a small admin fee for providing this information.) You can also request that we correct any personal information which we hold about you where it is inaccurate.
Sometimes you may be asked to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information - that's so we can prevent unauthorised access.
What are cookies?
We may use "cookies" to store and collect information regarding your use of our Site. Cookies are small pieces of information stored by the browser on your computer's hard drive. They send the information stored on them back to our web server when you access our Site. These cookies enable us to load the Site in such a way as to reflect your personal preferences (based on your previous browsing on the Site as well as keywords we may be able to gather from the URLs of webpages from which you accessed the Site, your IP address and any search engine used to reach the Site). We use these cookies to improve your experience on our Site and recommend content that may be of interest to you. You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How do I turn cookies off?
If you do not wish us to install cookies or you don’t agree with how we use these cookies in any way, you can change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. For more information please consult the “Help” section of your browser or visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
Talk to us
This policy was last updated in October 2016.